Friday, July 8, 2016

[CNH1] Project 1B: Precedent Study & Analysis Sketch Journal

For this second project, it is an individual project. Students are supposed to provide a sketch journal which consists of comparative analysis sketches and also a report based on the case study. (Comparative Analysis Sketches 10% & Report 10%) All the sketches are required to be drawn on at least 80 gram A4 drawing papers and upon submission must be creatively bond with front cover depicting information about the owner, project and logos of Taylor's University, SABD and MASSA. The sketches should be all hand-drawn and hand-written as exploration of creative mixed media presentation is also recommended.  

With the information gathered in Part A: On-line Forum, we are required to study further, an in-depth precedent analysis that include the accounts listed below:

  1. Related illustrative Architectural Historical Timeline in chronology order that highlights and explains the standing of the case study in Architecture History. 
  2. With reference to the timeline generates comparative analyses of the case study with the before and after architectural style. 
  3. With reference to the timeline explain the technology development and advancement related to the case study. 

The following attached images is the outcome of my sketch journal

Page 1


Page 2


Page 3


Page 4


Page 5


Page 6


Page 7


Page 8

Reflection
From this project, I get to research more on the building I am studying on. Also, with the help of researches my partners did in the previous Part A project helped me in doing my project in ease. I've also get to know on how other architectural styles differs from the architectural style I was learning. Coming up with a sketch journal also helped me to enhance my drawing skills and trains myself on how should I organize the journal iteself. 


1 comment: